Working for BUYIN GmbH
BuyIn has leveraged global scale since its founding in 2011 to provide leaders in the IT and telecommunications industry with better and more innovative products at the best-possible prices. With a combined annual spend in scope of more than 25 billion euros, BuyIn can effectively challenge a continuously consolidating supplier market. Going beyond traditional sourcing, the company draws on data and insights from more than 40 markets worldwide to create tailor-made solutions based on smart analytics. Its employees, who comprise over 25 nationalities, perform sourcing activities in key strategic areas such as network infrastructure, customer equipment, service platforms and information technology. In 2014, Procurement Leaders recognized BuyIn as “Best Procurement Employer” and awarded the company a high commendation in “Procurement Excellence”. In 2017, BuyIn was certified as a Top Employer in both France and Germany for the fourth time by the Top Employers Institute.
SHORT FACTS & LOCATIONS
Job ID: 72117
As a Senior Target Costing Manager you will report to the Vice President TC@P. You will identify, develop and execute projects under own responsibility and the goal of TCO optimization for new and existing ODM products.
Your main task is to evaluate and analyze product costs with the goal to optimize CAPEX and OPEX.
Using cost / value engineering methods and processes such as
- teardown analysis of competitive products,
- evaluation of hardware architectures,
- product target price calculation (target costing) as well as design-to-cost workshops
- a fact-based foundation of the subsequent cost optimization is laid
- Cost Engineering lead in cost-optimization projects for TelCo electronics products (such as Digital Home Devices / Terminals) with partners and suppliers
- Value analysis and value engineering based on cost modeling and product target cost calculation
- Teardown analysis in the electronics laboratory in Bonn
- Price and cost benchmarking, e. g. for product budget calculations and as target for supplier negotiations
- Consulting BuyIn sourcers across the product value chain using cost transparency as negotiation tool
- Assessment of cost reduction proposals, e. g. cost calculation for radical new product design changes
- Realization of cost reduction measures, e. g. design-to-cost workshops with cross-functional partners
- Observation and analysis of market trends for new and existing technologies (i.e. 8k, 360° video) and regular contact and exchange with chipset suppliers (i.e. SoC, Wi-Fi)
- Maintenance and further development of Cost Models and Smart Analytics tools
Based on a degree in electronics or a comparable degree in information technologies, you have collected extensive experience in the telecommunication industry or similar consumer electronics environments. Specific knowledge of products and technologies in the area of telecommunication devices (fixed/mobile), is mandatory. Ideally, you have collected some experience in technical product management or as a engineer for embedded electronics products.
- You have a solid understanding in regards of methods for value and cost analysis, especially for electronics hardware as well as the entire product lifetime (TCO). Experience in target costing and design-to-cost methods as well as in supplier relationship are beneficial.
- A high degree of personal initiative is just as required as very good analytical and conception skills. In order to fulfil the extensive interface functions towards other departments and suppliers, you utilize your very good social and communication competences. You also bring assertiveness and strength in argumentation. You are a strong team player and possess very good presentation skills.
- Your German and English language skills are business fluent in spoken and written to be able to work in an international scope. French language skills are beneficial.
- You are willing to travel (approx. 20-40%).
Application deadline: 2017-09-04