Working for BUYIN GmbH
BuyIn has leveraged global scale since its founding in 2011 to provide leaders in the IT and telecommunications industry with better and more innovative products at the best-possible prices. With a combined annual spend in scope of more than 25 billion euros, BuyIn can effectively challenge a continuously consolidating supplier market. Going beyond traditional sourcing, the company draws on data and insights from more than 40 markets worldwide to create tailor-made solutions based on smart analytics. Its employees, who comprise over 25 nationalities, perform sourcing activities in key strategic areas such as network infrastructure, customer equipment, service platforms and information technology. In 2014, Procurement Leaders recognized BuyIn as “Best Procurement Employer” and awarded the company a high commendation in “Procurement Excellence”.
The Network (NT) procurement domain bears worldwide commercial responsibility for the categories of Wireless Access, Infrastructure, Transport and Transmission, Core Control & IP Layer, Managed Services, as well as for the corresponding services.
The Managed Services team is providing support to Affiliates in their network operations outsourcing initiatives, either for a single country or for several countries in a bundle, over Europe, Middle-East and Africa zones. Outsourcing the network operations is often perceived as a successful way to reduce cost while transforming the organization and most of the time improve quality.
Recent developments on Network market is taking BuyIn MS team to assess further opportunities and prepare major negotiations for both mother-companies: vendor consolidation, Network/IT convergence, 5G impact on network evolutions, virtualization of Network infrastructure and services are key change drivers.
SHORT FACTS & LOCATIONS
Job ID: 76789
As a Senior Strategic Sourcer, you will manage procurement projects at corporate and local level and the relationship with selected suppliers on behalf of Deutsche Telekom and Orange companies. This includes the following duties:
- Implementing global strategies and targets in both mother companies
- Defining, developing, presenting and implementing sourcing strategies
- Leading and managing large strategic procurement projects and local tenders in close alignment with stakeholders (Groups Technology and Affiliates)
- Negotiating the best deals, challenging at most suppliers, respecting the committed planning
- Being responsible for the worldwide procurement volume with suppliers, ensuring professional, end-to-end supplier management, taking into account current context and future market evolution and new technologies
- Achieving Procurement targets and ensuring potential for cross-project optimization and bundling advantages
- Providing continued support to countries on signed deals during the entire contract duration with the objective to preserve the attractiveness of the service provider both on prices and on quality
- Initiate and oversee Deutsche Telekom/Orange common projects (including technical harmonization)
- Negotiate and amend the global frame contracts and the local contracts with Legal, Technology teams and suppliers
- Analyze and manage the countries demands as set out in the Demand Plan Tool
- Define the cost optimization levers, identify action plans and negotiate best-in-class conditions
- Perform benchmarks, prepare reports and decision papers for the management
- Establish and maintain very good relationship towards the various stakeholders and country counterparts
- Contribute to the Smart Analytics strategy on managed services namely on cost modeling
You hold a Engineer degree and/or an MBA in the area of Procurement, Business Administration, Economics, Business Information Technology or a qualification of the same level.
- Experience in network or IT operations is an asset
- Experience in coordination of large projects in big international organizations
- Relevant experience in Project and Stakeholder Management
- Very good knowledge or strong interest in telecommunications/network technologies / network & IT operations
- Profound knowledge of procurement organizations and processes (≥5 years experience)
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of category management, strategic sourcing, negotiations and contracting concepts
- Strong negotiation skills
- Very good knowledge of Contract law
- Demonstrated ability to influence decision makers through creative value propositions and effective communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Advanced practiced in the use of standard software (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Internet Explorer)
- Excellent English&French and/or English&German, language skills, both spoken and written
- You are characterized by your ability to think and act independently, as well as your ability to work well within a team. You have outstanding motivation and communicative abilities which help you to actively bring customer centricity and customer satisfaction to life.
- Your analytical skills make you a true talent in planning and organization.
Application deadline: 2017-10-25