We are Covestro. We are curious. We are courageous. We are colorful. We redefine chemical material solutions with game-changing products. Let us empower you to push boundaries. Join us and our 16,000 colleagues now and together we will MAKE the world a brighter place.
Safety Review Specialist (m/f)
Your tasks and responsibilities
- By occupying this position you will be responsible for providing process expertise by leading Process Hazard Analysis (PHAs) using HAZOP (HAZard and OPerability study) and other methods considering all potential hazards
- Furthermore, you will revalidate PHAs regularly and verify that identified additional safety measures are implemented by performing the corresponding acceptance safety reviews
- You are going to authorize start-up of production units by performing safety reviews and assessing the realization of the safety concept
- For maintaining integrity of the safety concept, it will be your responsibility to provide expert advice to production unit leads and to cooperate with and act as integral part of the global network of Covestro process safety experts
- Your new role will also include to propose and support the implementation of methodologies, standards and procedures with regard to process safety management and risk assessment
- In order to ensure that measures are implemented respectively, you will lead investigation teams after incidents and communicate lessons learned
Who you are
- You have completed an advanced academic degree (Master or PHD) in Safety Technology, Chemical Engineering or Chemistry
- To be able to contribute to our success, you provide sound process knowledge in continuous and batch processes as well as in process safety-related topics
- It is easy for you to convince through good analytical skills, using systematical and methodological approaches as well as a persistent and decision-oriented working style with high engagement and good communication skills
- Your German and English skills are fluent, both written and spoken
We offer a competitive salary in an international environment as well as excellent opportunities for professional and personal development. If your background and personal experience fits this profile, please apply online at www.career.covestro.de, submitting a cover letter, your CV and references as well as your salary expectation. Please also indicate your availability/notice period.
Reference Code: 0000011720
Covestro begrüßt Bewerbungen aller Menschen ungeachtet von Rasse oder ethnischer Herkunft, Hautfarbe, Nationalität, Glauben, Weltanschauung, Geschlecht, Alter, Behinderung, Aussehen oder sexueller Identität. Wir bekennen uns zu dem Grundsatz, alle Bewerberinnen und Bewerber fair zu behandeln und Benachteiligungen zu vermeiden.